Skip to content
Vision & Mission
Goal & Values
IBFAN Africa Geographic Coverage
Baby Friendly Hospital Initiative
International Code of Marketing BS
World BF Trends Initiative
Infant Feeding, HIV & Covid 19
Knowledge & Skills Development
Infant Feeding Emergencies
Health & Environmental Impacts
World Breastfeeding Week
World BF Conferences
Policies & Guidelines
Partner with Us
Join IBFAN Africa
Basic principles of the IBFAN network
IBFAN Africa ascribes to the following basic principles
1. Infants and young children everywhere to have the right to the highest attainable standard of health.
2. Families, and in particular women and children, to have the right to access adequate and nutritious food and sufficient and affordable water.
3. Women have the right to breastfeed and to make informed decisions about infant and young child feeding.
4. Women have the right to full support to breastfeed for two years or more and to exclusively breastfeed for the first six months.
5. All people have the right to access quality health care services and information free of commercial influence.
6. Health workers and consumers have the right to be protected from commercial influence which may distort their judgement and decisions.
7. People have the right to advocate for change which protects, promotes and supports basic health, in international solidarity.